Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Autumn is here

It has been a busy start to the year and already the cooler weather is reminding us that autumn is now here. In Canberra this week the morning chill has set in but it hasn’t stopped me from attending early meetings - particularly those I am very passionate about like yesterdays Parliamentary Breakfast on preventing Multiple Sclerosis. The number of people affected by this is alarming as well as the fact that 3 out of every 4 sufferers are women and I will continue to support calls for more research funding to help prevent and cure this debilitating disease.
On a more positive note I have had the pleasure of being part of a number of exciting events in the Shoalhaven in the past week; in particular the opening of Mission Australia’s new Retail Store in Nowra last Friday. I look forward to seeing many young people benefit from the retail experience and training that is offered there and seeing many families have access to low priced, quality goods.
I would like to thank all of the ladies who joined me and some of my staff last week for our Menopause the Musical fundraiser. The turn out was wonderful and a great time was had by all. Keep an eye out on the website for photos from events like this updated regularly in the gallery.

No comments: