Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Great Australian Bite

Dr Dan Harmelin was my guest speaker at a morning tea I hosted to not only raise awareness of diabetes but also funds to assist in the research of this disease.

Diabetes is afffecting more and more people in our society. It's been said that it is one of the so called "diseases of affluence". I've got it and when I found out, it was quite a shock. I've got type 2 which I am controlling with a sensible diet and exercise.

Anyway, it was all part of the Great Australian Bite promotion and I hope many more people have become aware of the prevalence of this disease.

Just to be on the safe side, why don't you get a simple and quick blood test. If you find out early, you can take simple and easy steps to control the condition. But if you do it too late, the results can be devestating.

No comments: